Subject: [Leica] Latest Leica Fotografie International (LFI)
From: banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche)
Date: Tue Aug 24 18:52:52 2004

I imagine many LUG members have received the latest issue of Leica
Fotografie, with the first images obtained with the Digital Module R
(quite impressive, but then again Leica would not send them poor
quality images...)

I was most impressed with a feature on the book [and exhibit, currently
in Kaispeicher A, Dalmannkai in the Hamburg Harbour (North Germany)]
"Men at Sea", photos by Jean Gaumy. Amazing black and gray (and grain)
pictures with Kodak TMZ 3200 of the life of Spanish fishermen. There is
almost no white in the images.

Anyway, my question is: does anyone know what the relationship between
Leica and LFI is? Are they owned by Leica, only heavily subsidized or
nothing at all? I have to say I find almost half of the material very
interesting.

Juan

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Latest Leica Fotografie International (LFI))