Subject: [Leica] Camera Restrictions at Social Security
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Aug 24 18:04:34 2004

At 08:44 PM 8/24/2004, you wrote:
>Is this something local or have others experienced this? I can't
>believe my 640x480 images (and tiny lens) are going to threaten much
>of anyone.
>Amazing.
>
>Adam

Adam -

The new courthouse in Columbia, SC, has a metal detector built into the
doorway.  Before you walk in, you have to surrender all cell phones and all
cameras - no exceptions.  Everything else goes through an x-ray machine and
then they ask you for a photo ID which is, of course, in whatever you have
sent through the x-ray machine.  You get your purse or whatever back but
they keep the phones and cameras until you leave the building.  Then they
surrendered my camera bag to me without asking for any ID!  The metal
detector must not be too sensitive because my knees didn't set it off.

I'm back from Honduras and my knees set off every metal detector between
here and there.  Some of the resulting searches get pretty personal!  Had a
great trip this time and am processing all of the digital files.  I also
took about 25 rolls of film with the M7.  I've ordered the chemicals but
won't get around to developing anything until after I get back from
Guatemala in September.

I haven't read any e-mail yet.  Did you all behave?

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Camera Restrictions at Social Security)