Subject: [Leica] Re Riefenstahl
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 09:26:15 2004

In a message dated 8/23/04 8:26:29 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

<< On the other hand I do respect your oppinion on Riefenstahl as do I
respect
any persons choice not to forgive what went on during world war two as well
as what went on in Russia.
ruben >>
-----------------------------
Anyone who is in the public eye and is permitted to work under a bloody
dictatorship is a de facto supporter of that dictatorship and its crimes. I
would
never forgive Richard Strauss for becoming the Nazis' culture minister until
old age made him resign. And Riefenstahl actually produced films idealizing
Hitler. She seduced the German people into following Hitler no questions
asked.
What difference does it make whether you use a gun or a camera to kill
innocent
people? The difference is that no democratic court will hang you if you used
camera.

Bob