Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 34: Paws, literally
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Aug 22 12:05:39 2004

Don,

The 100 Apo is good indeed. I have read tons of stuff about how and why
digital cameras do not benefit from Leica (or other excellent) lenses,
and based on my admittedly short experience with the Canon, I say:
hogwash. The 100 Apo is awesome, whether the results are captured on
film inside an R8 or on a DSLR sensor.

Regarding the feet shot, as far as I remember it was indeed shot at f1.4
  or close to it. In general, I am very happy with this lens, I have
shot some excellent portraits with it already. Although I have the
feeling that the 1.8/85mm Canon which I just acquired for the princely
sum of $305, is even better.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman