Subject: [Leica] OT - motor scooters
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sat Aug 21 14:33:20 2004

Not being a current or even recent Vespa owner
(I left my Vespa in Saigon in '75 :-) ),   I have
no relevant experience to share. I just want to
say that Vespa is really the ne plus retro.
There is a resurgence of refurbished Vespas
(and Lambrettas)  in  Vietnam, restoring units
from 30, 40 years ago.  I understand that there
are entrepreneurs who import them to the US.
Perhaps my own Vespa from 30 years ago
is now riding the streets of San Franciso :-)

During the French colonial years,  there was a very
active Vespa Club of Indochina.  And of course
today, there are Vespa clubs all over the world.

- Phong

Replies: Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] OT - motor scooters)