Subject: [Leica] Heartbreak Hotel
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Fri Aug 13 10:18:06 2004

Hi:
Years back I did an assignment on a gentleman who lived in the  central
Florida flatlands. His home was a large 2 story red-brick building  in the
middle of almost nothing and nowhere.

His name, Reverend James Webb. On the side of this huge, imposing structure
was painted "Heartbreak Hotel". He claimed it was the location which
inspired the famous Elvis song and his story certainly fit into the Presley
folklore.

Somewhere there are negatives showing the location in good detail, complete
with faded block letters. Will try to post in the future if I can find them.
Hmm, maybe I should look down at the end of lonely street. :)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Walts/heartbreak

Walt J

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] Heartbreak Hotel)
Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Heartbreak Hotel)