Subject: [Leica] Sports Illustrated covers & vacuum tubes
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Fri Aug 13 08:26:43 2004

Re: Of those Sports Illustrated magazine covers, I still have the first six
issues in very good condition and no longer want them.
       I haven't checked but I believe  they're worth a bit and would swap
for some Leica stuff of similar value  somebody no longer wants or uses.
      As for the vacuum tubes, anybody who has an  old McIntosh or, I
believe, Scott or similar-quality vacuum-tube tuner or  amplifier , or
whatever old
piece of High Fidelity equipment,  knows that  collectors willingly pay
premium
prices just to get them and swear that the  sound of music played through
vacuum tubes is much much better than through  transistor equipment. And
long
after 6AU6s and other tubes -- valves to those of  you in Europe and
elsewhere --
could only be found in garage sales, Poland  was -- and may still be --
producing a full range of vacuum tubes.
     The same guys who love vacuum tubes love Leica and  Nikon and, I guess,
Minox. --bob cole