Subject: [Leica] Leica/Digital - heresy?
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Thu Aug 12 19:40:29 2004

>This viewfinder issue, as Doug H. has said more than once, seems
>rather significant to my way of working, at my age.
>
>And I believe that Nikon and Canon don't really care much about it
>because they believe everyone will want and rely on AF.

It's not just for old fogeys.  I'm in my early 30s and after having
used my M7 for a year, I have a lot of trouble going back to SLRs --
especially dim squinty ones like the Canon EOS 10D.  It's a fine
camera, but the magnification is low and the "focusing screen" isn't.

My EOS-3 has a great matte focusing screen that I can manually focus
on. I'd expect the same from the EOS 1D series too, but I'm not
tempted to get one for $6000+ and 1.5 kg body weight.  Perhaps the
rumors of the upcoming EOS 20D/3D will bring a model that
professionals with wimpy forearms and discerning eyesight can use.

Or, we're all going to have to use the Leica R9-D. :-)

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] Leica/Digital - heresy?)