Subject: [Leica] HCB
From: bernard.degaute at skynet.be (Bernard Degaute)
Date: Sun Aug 8 11:24:24 2004

>> Do you think they have already had it designed? Isn't that the MP? All
>> it needs is special script and a special price.
>>
>> Jesse

>With a 50mm lens soldered to it.
>But which one?
>The new new could not be very HCBlike with ASPH elements and the whole bit.
>The Summicron sounds like the closest.
>Or they can get permission to use a Zeiss formula.
>Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
>He didn't just always use the Zeiss 50 he must have half the other times
use
>a Leitz. Fifty fifty chance.
>I don't think collapsibles were very HCBlike.
>I'd come out with a fast f2 Summicron with the old outer casesing like they
>did with that other lens. Which was a 50 was it not? Maybe that lens.
>But weld it right on the body.
>To encourage a much more HCB like look.
>These people who try to rip off HCB with a 35 are out of their minds.

HCB used mainly 50 mm, never 135, rarely 35 and sometimes 90 for landascape.
In French papers HCB (in his late years) was presented with M and 50/2.8  or
a CL.

 In '98, Leica made a special M6, platinum finish, with a Elmar 50/2.8. The
signature of HCB was on the top plate and the SN was the HCB's DOB
(22-8-1908). This camera was sold by Christie's (London) on June 11, 1998 to
the benefit of a charitable association (Les petits freres des pauvres). The
camera was set in a special (old fashion) box designed by Louis Vuitton. I
didn't participate to the bid neither know the price of this special camera.

Bernard

bernard.degaute@skynet.be