Subject: [Leica] Film snobs and Tri-X
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Aug 3 17:51:27 2004

>snippet<
> I'm trying Tri-X again after a pretty long affair with Delta 400,
> which I still like.

My 400 speed 35mm flim I've been using for over a year is Neopan 400.
Although not a tab grain film it seems to be as fine grained and sharp as
Delta 400 or Tmax 400. But it seems to have a glowing tonality with Xtol
1:3.
I use so much Neopan 1600 so much of the time and for my "high rez" stuff I
drop to the 100 which is called ACROS of course.
Which should be their ad campaign.
What kind of film does a man who reads Playboy shoot?
"ACROS of course!"
Kind of sounds like the 60s!

But when I run out of the 1600 stuff which I think of as "normal" and shoot
some of the 400 I'm always shocked by sharpness. I feel like I've already
gone to the high rez spread.

--
Mark Rabiner
Portland Paparazzo