Subject: [Leica] Summilux ASPH arrives: The Graphic Truth (part 3 or 4 I forget)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Aug 2 14:01:34 2004

> We got up early every morning and watched the Tour de France live. Wide
> open at 1/8 shows a little camera shake (and subject movement). This is
> where I missed the mass of the Noctilux:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/50-Summilux-Asph-samples/tdf
>

>snippet<
> John Collier

Well those books in the backdrop look great bokeh-wise.
(were they painted on canvas?:)
F 1.4 and be there!
Erwin had hinted the Bokeh had too much tobacco sauce.
This to me begs to differ.
This is a fully balanced charming Bokeh of zest and piquancy all nicely
balanced to bring out the full flavor of the meat and potatoes up front
sharp entr?e sitting on the couch!
French cooking Bokeh!
Once again I don't think the use of one or two aspherics puts a curveball on
smooth Bokeh from modern Leica glass. I think the Leica glass designers were
in those issues from the very beginning and would not have let that happen.

Oh by the way what's IN focus looks pretty ok too! :)

And loved the shot of the boy in the dark living room with the blinds.
Had real "authority" to it like someone hired some high priced photog to do
it.  Must have used the new Ralph Gibson plug in for Photoshop and not known
it.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon