Subject: [Leica] Re:born at risk -- over-enlargement
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 2 07:46:25 2004

i saw an excellent example of this problem at a photo art show i entered a
couple of years ago. I had two images accepted in the juried show, one shot
with
leica, one with minox, the smaller being a 5 by 7 image.

among those rejected that i saw were two massive images -- about 6 by 6 feet
-- and the artist asked if it was their size that was the problem. the
official -- not the judge -- said no, it was the judge's choice, and I
didn't have
the heart to point out to the shooter that, while his images were large,
they
were also not good images at any size that i could see, and i wondered if he
was
using size as part of his artistic expression that, taken as a whole with
his
image, was supposed to express his meaning.

but, in the end, they were lousy images, made worse by enlargement.

c trentelman