Subject: [Leica] Film snobs and Tri-X
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Aug 1 12:12:38 2004

I suppose I'm unsophisticated but your response was useless for
understanding WHY you don't like Tri-X and why you feel other films
are worthy of investigation.

I haven't shot enough film of any kind to really know it - although of
the films I've experimented with I'm finding that I do like the look
of Tri-X as a silver emulsion film.

Your thoughts about why you dislike Tri-X and what you look for in
other films that are better would be instructive and I'd enjoy reading
them: what you want to exploit in Tri-X that you can't, how other
films solve that problem for you. That's really useful.

Thanks

Adam

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 14:20:23 -0230, Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca> wrote:
> I will dissent  (...of course :^)
>
> I HATE Tri-X.
>
> Shot thousands of rolls of it in my UPI days. It sucked (eventually learned
> about HP5)... still does. T-Max is not much better.

Replies: Reply from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] Film snobs and Tri-X)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Film snobs and Tri-X)