Subject: [Leica] Summilux Asph arrives: Through a glass darkly
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Thu Jul 29 20:07:19 2004

OK, I dumped the Hansol and I got a LaCie electron19blueIV. Better,
much much better. Still not great for text though. It is just a little
soft for text work. I was thinking I was going to have to return this
one too when I loaded an image. Oy! Does this monitor really shine for
image work! It is a keeper ( and it is nice to be back online).

As an aside I brought in the defunct Apple StudioDisplay for a repair
estimate. They are going to fix it for FREE! Apparently it is a "known
issue". Fine by me, I use a monitor for seven years and, when it
breaks, they fix it for free! And it is still the sharpest monitor I
have ever seen bar none. A little contrasty for image work though.

I had a look at the image I posted ? now gone thank you very much ? and
all I can say is that you have a good deal of restraint. Gag me with a
stick and paint me blue. YUCK.

I will post some others before my upcoming trip to the Old Country.

Softly (slightly) Yours,

John Collier

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] Summilux Asph arrives: Through a glass darkly)