Subject: [Leica] Yolo County
From: oliverbryk at iqmail.net (Oliver)
Date: Wed Jul 28 20:23:31 2004

Adam wrote and showed:

"The first is taken on the eastern verge of the Vaca Range foothills.
It's Velvia and taken with the 560 teleyt. I was attracted to the
changes in color within the grasslands and there is some fundamental
part of me that loves the oaks as they spread across the hillsides. I
saw them first as a young boy when we visited California and after
that first sight I knew this was somewhere I wanted to live.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-July/FoothillsVacaRange.jpg>

The second was taken while I was exploring an onion field that was
being raised for seed. I liked the pattern. It's also Velvia but I
converted it to black and white for obvious reasons.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-July/Passerbye-OnionField.jpg>"

Two fine pictures of a beautiful and underappreciated aspect of the Central
Valley.  I, too, love the California Oaks. They are very difficult to
photograph because of the deep shade that they create. BTW my favorite "oak
road" is CA 132 between Waterford and CA 49.
Oliver Bryk