Subject: [Leica] Who Needs Fine Focus and Good Exposures?
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (buzz.hausner@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Jul 28 07:32:44 2004

B.D. and I have had this conversation many times before, and...

...my position is that "bad" exposure and focus, and great globs of grain
can just as easily contribute in a positive way to the impact of a
photograph as detract from the image.  Regarding Capa's pictres of D-Day,
the very qualities of the pictures...bad exposures and jarringly blurry
images...may give one a sense of the chaos of battle, any battle.  I stand
by my hypothesis that fine focus and spot-on exposures (granting that
'spot-on' is a subjective judgement) are vastly over rated as contributing
factors to great photographic images.

Buzz Hausner