Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 27, Issue 427
From: marvbej at earthlink.net (Robert Marvin)
Date: Mon Jul 26 13:11:32 2004

The most popular manufacturer of these 1920s kitchen cabinets was
located in Indiana and user the trademark "Hooser" (also a term for a
native of Indiana. This became a generic term for this type of cabinet.
When we bought our 1899 brownstone in Brooklyn 30m years ago, we bought
two of these to use in our kitchen, rather than use modern cabinets
(the pull-out counters are very handy). One is a genuine "Hooser"; the
other has a Sears Roebuck label.

Bob Marvin