Subject: [Leica] FYI: legal press release
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri Jul 23 13:38:56 2004

Brian:  Ouch!  Good luck with your case.  It's especially disheartening to
see youthful companies of the so-called "new economy"  applying the same
old corporate ruthlessness and amorality with even greater enthusiasm than
their elders.  Ironic, since only yesterday they claimed to have
eliminated the business cycle forever.

I'm only four years behind you, A few years ago, I slogged through
numerous fruitless job interviews with 22 year-old managers and their 24
year-old vice-president bosses, most of whom treated me as if I was from
medieval times.  And I've both witnessed and experienced the sleight of
hand used to eliminate people who have the temerity to get sick or injured
on the job.

We'll all be sending good thoughts your way.  Take 'em to the cleaners.
In this society, such suits are the only thing that makes them think twice
about doing this to everyone.

--Peter