Subject: [Leica] About ready to give it up...
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Thu Jul 22 22:07:59 2004

>I think what you are allowed to carry on depends on the airline,
>also, many people manage to get away with more than they are in
>principle allowed. This is pain on a full flight if you have small
>carryon but all the bins are full! I certainly find my 50+ flights a
>year to be an increasing pain.

European airlines are VERY strict.  While USA-based carriers will
allow 2 bags of various sizes (including my camera backpack and
rolly-polly), KLM would only allow ONE SMALL BAG-- and neither my
camera backpack (LowePro Rover Pro AW) or my rollypolly.  Some
creative repacking was immediately required.

Air China from Japan to Shanghai only allowed one small carryon due
to "security reasons." But *from* Shanghai to Narita, they allowed
two. Odd.....

You need to plan for contingencies.

Karen

--