Subject: [Leica] Decisions
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Sat Jul 17 22:24:07 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 22:17, Jon wrote:
> Doug,
> Thanks for the reply....90 is Pre-APO,  The Camera is an R8....Purposes are
> Fine Art, Models, BW and color. The question is from a pro that has
> recently
> moved Contax to Leica...(I agree with you on the 90)  Jon

The 90 ASPH APO is blazing sharp. REALLY sharp. Probably too sharp
even for a model with perfect skin. I have the last pre-asph 90 for
my M (which is similar to the R version) and it's very sharp between
f5.6 and 11 and perfect wide open for portrait work.

I've never used the 80, but my friends 1.4/75 for the M (I believe they
share a similar optical formula). Beautiful lens, but I prefer the extra
reach of the 90 over the 75. The 90's are also a lot more compact.

Feli

Message from jon.stanton at comcast.net (Jon) ([Leica] Decisions)