Subject: [Leica] Canadian vs. German Leica Lenses
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Sat Jul 17 12:20:20 2004

What is important is the version of the 50 summicron that you get not
where it was made. Also don;t forget there can be sometimes significant
sample variation from one lens to another.

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/mseries/testm/scronhist.html

(Erwin doesn't test the six element version from the early seventies
which I think is pretty close to the current version)

http://www.cameraquest.com/mlenses.htm

http://nemeng.com/leica/index.shtml

(best Leica FAQ going)

John Collier