Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: geebeephoto at fsmail.net (Graham Battison)
Date: Wed Jul 14 14:21:35 2004

>From : "Leonard J Kapner"

Subject : RE: [Leica] (no subject)
Graham,

If I might, I would suggest a slight change in point-of-view, perhaps lower,
to the left a bit and several feet forward, to allow the post to frame the
image on the right, rather than to stand, sentinel-like at the middle. The
post feels like an impediment to me, and I believe it would be better as
part of the framing, inviting me into the landscape just as the tree does.
Your black-and-white work is exquisitely balanced and exposed.

Len

--
http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Leica/Everdon_07.htm

Hi Len,

I was trying to stay as far right as possible to keep the footpath through
the wheat as well defined as possible whilst keeping as much of the tree on
the left as I could. A lower viewpoint would have further reduced the
footpath definition, however, your point is well taken and the more I look
at the shot the more obtrusive the post becomes.

The fallen tree in the foreground was the seating/table for lunch and hunger
may have shortened the time I took considering all the options as thoughts
of turkey salad sandwiches vied with technical considerations :-)

Thanks for looking and for drawing my attention to a weakness in the shot
that I had overlooked. It is one of my favourite walks and given the right
conditions I will shoot the scene again with your comments in mind. I will
of course send you the result. Thanks again.

Graham
www.geebeephoto.com

--

Whatever you Wanadoo: