Subject: [Leica] Film options -- what's special
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 14 11:27:45 2004

In a message dated 7/14/04 9:33:36 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

<< Bob tells us that "Kodak assured me that film R&D goes
on uninterrupted."
----
Well isn't that special. >>
-------------------------------
At the time I corresponded with Kodak they had announced that they'd
discontinued making film cameras, except for the disposable type. I was
curious about
what other plans they had for film production. What may be 'special' is the
direction R&D will take film now. Self-setting white balance? Simplification
of
processing?
Synchronization between film and an LCD display on a reengineered film
camera? There might be some crossover between digital and film reminiscent
of what
happened in the car field now that the Toyota hybrid engine has even
penetrated
the minds of the geniuses who run the Ford Motor Company. We might even get
an ISO 800 T-Max film with imperceptible grain to the unaided eye in a 16x20
print.

Bob

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Film options -- what's special)