Subject: [Leica] Re:Anyone used this place for CLA? and Intro of Newbie
From: john at scocca.org (John Scocca)
Date: Wed Jul 14 08:32:33 2004

I have used him (Austin vanCampen) for CLA work three times.  His work
has been satisfactory and his turn-around is great - about ten days at
the longest.

He did two Rolleis and then my elderly IIIb (which I suspect had never
been serviced during its entire lifetime).  He also removed the haze
from a pair of lenses for the Leica.  I have no idea as to how he would
do with a complex repair.  I believe that he does not do electronics,
not an issue with the M3.

I should introduce myself, since this is my first post to this group.
I am by budget and nature a bottom-feeding lover of fine cameras, and I
like to use them, but I do not consider my work in the same league as
what I see on this list.  I have been lurking for several months and
keep learning a great deal from the posts - even about photography
occasionally  :-).

I'm a molecular biologist by trade, and a member of the demographic
that coveted Leicas when they were the only cameras on the A-list.  Now
I have two, my old IIIb and an M3, and am doing my damnedest to unstuck
the shutter buttons (a la Cassidy)

Cheers,

John Scocca

Replies: Reply from jwmailbin at yahoo.com (Jim Wong) ([Leica] Re:Anyone used this place for CLA? and Intro of Newbie)