Subject: [Leica] dimes now continuation of Nathan's thughts
From: wlarsen at ocsnet.net (Will)
Date: Sun Jul 11 09:04:56 2004

Don Dory writes with my snips::

>I would like to add that without a population of individuals willing to
>risk then even liberal democratic government rule will not advance a
>society.  Tina's use of the heifer project illustrates this.  In a part
>of the world that is poorer than most of us can imagine; some
>individuals are willing to try something new, keeping large livestock.

I would just like to add, the people that are living on the edge do not
try new things. You have to feed the family.   In all of my education
about diffusion of new ideas, it is only people that are relatively
scecure that can afford to try new ideas.  (heh, most of the studies
were done in Sweden at a time when life was very tough).

Regards, Bill Larsen

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] dimes now continuation of Nathan's thughts)