Subject: [Leica] Background music for slide shows
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Jul 10 09:32:00 2004

LUG:

The LUG came through again!  Thanks for all of your suggestions.  I have
saved them all and ordered far too many CD's.  All of the suggestions sound
great and I should have enough music to last until I retire.  By the way, I
looked up the copyright issue and it has nothing to do with whether you
charge a fee or not.  You have to pay licensing fees to both the record
label and the publisher for public performance of the recordings; however,
under the fair use exceptions for copyright use, schools and non-profit
organizations can use copyrighted material for educational purposes without
paying licensing fees.  It is complicated and, according to several of the
websites I found, even copyright lawyers don't agree on what is considered
fair use. There are four tests that you apply to see if the use qualifies.
If you are interested, you can read more about it here:
http://memory.loc.gov/learn/start/cpyrt/#fair

Thank you, LUG!

Tina

At 09:09 PM 7/8/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>If anybody has any suggestions for similarly moving, long, and emotional
>musical themes, I would really appreciate it.
>
>Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com