Subject: [Leica] Background music for slide shows
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Jul 9 11:16:28 2004

At 10:10 AM 7/9/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I would think you'd use music indigenous to the cultures you're presenting
>in the photographs. Very curious - if not, why not?
>G e o r g e   L o t e r m o s e r,    imagist?

Hi, George -

You're right and I have used Latin American music, but half of the money
that we raise stays in our presbytery for local hunger relief
programs.  Some people already think that too much emphasis is put on the
foreign programs so I try to balance the number of photographs from the
local agencies and the Central American ones and that means balancing the
music, too.  I usually alternate but it's great when I can find something
that sounds like it could fit either culture.

The LUG has come through again with some great suggestions and I've ordered
a bunch of CD's to listen to next week.  Thanks everybody for your
suggestions.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com