Subject: [Leica] More Epson RD-1 pics
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Jul 7 22:28:28 2004

On 7/7/04 4:26 PM, "Allen Graves" <ahgraves@prodigy.net> typed:

> I will have to admit that the picture of the squirrel is a bit harsh
> for my taste, whatever the lens might be.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/30191709
>
> Allen

Well to me it's very interesting because the subject of the picture is
mainly the back of the squirrel. It's tail. In blazing sharpness. While the
main part of squirrel becomes kind of a drawing. He looks quite nice was it
pastels?

I would NOT call this a SWIRLEY SQUIRREL!

Then the left sharp edge of the tree is an interesting distraction. I kind
of like that too. If It was stopped down and most of it was sharp the shot
would be one of a million of a yawn. But the selective focus technique
really made it new and different and I'd not call it gimmicky.

Also its nice that this is an in effect a 75. A 75mm f1 lens is a slightly
different ball of wax than a 50.

Get Moose and squirrel!

Mark Rabiner
Photography