Subject: [Leica] cassettes question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Jul 5 01:46:35 2004

On 7/4/04 11:25 AM, "GREG LORENZO" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> typed:

> Hi Simon,
>
> It is indeed a Leica film cassette. I have one sitting in front of me as I
> type this. A gift from Tom Abrahamsson.

Although Zeiss made them which looked very much the same as did I'm sure
Canon and Nikon. Same with Viso's. We think it was a Leica deal BUT NO! In
the rangefinder days they were all in on it together it looked like. All the
lenses  fit all the cameras and they all came out with the same gizmos. I'm
sure patent laws were around then I wonder how that could have happened? Can
you imagine if that was the case today!

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon