Subject: [Leica] bulk loading
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Jul 4 05:15:58 2004

On 7/2/04 2:46 PM, "Dan C" <bladman99@yahoo.ca> typed:

> Yes, I used to get 19 rolls.   But, how many exposures you could get per
> roll depended on how clever you were in rolling them (there was always a
> bit of film at the end of the roll exposed to light).
>
> -dan c.

For some reason with my Watson's I always got 30 pix on a roll.
That worked out ok because I'd make 5 strips of 6.
Which means less painful edges. Less cuts.
And a full looking 6x10 contact sheet which didn?t occur to anyone that it
had 6 less shots that it should have.

But if I had some hot thing going on on my backdrop and I'd go "click flash"
and that would be the last shot I knew I didn?t get it. It was fogged out
because it was the end.
So I'd quickly put another roll in and try to re create that exact moment.
That exact gesture or mood.
That's ever 30 exposures folks or about every 10 minutes for me.
With real big boy pre loaded film when the roll ended I just went on in
time. Did not always backtrack.

No. NO darkroom loading for me. I'm afraid of the dark. Start to see white
spots.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon