Subject: [Leica] New York Times anonymous fine art photography Now Mark's screw up
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jul 3 20:18:41 2004

>> Mark Rabiner
>
> All yours for only $17.95!
>
> Tina
>

> Tina Manley, ASMP

I'm LOOSING money not buying this!!!!

I guess to infiltrate the idea that someone would want to spend money on a
"fine art" photograph is in some sense a good thing. Even if it does
perpetrate the "cheapness" of photography just when we though we had gotten
over that. .. As is photography IS IN the galleries and the war is over as
to defending it as an ART or not.
Its just a graphic art not a one of a kind art.
Like a silk screen vs. a painting or water color.
NO ONE is going to say

Should they get into it and find out what a signed piece might cost they'd
get over that sticker shock and take the heat or get out of the kitchen.

But I have a feeling I'll be even more grossed out when they finny get smart
and get with the "hand singed edition" thing.
Like they do with unicorns you put on a special shelf on your wall.
Or get big ones for your front yard.

Me I want a Texas water windmill thing for my front year.
Say about oh 8 ft high. I know they make them.
Just to confuse the tourists.

Hey kids! check this out:   http://www.kamprint.com/invest.htm

Mark Rabiner
Photography