Subject: [Leica] Peter Turnley
From: Gwpics at aol.com (Gwpics@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jul 2 09:55:01 2004

I wanted to share the following email from Leica user Peter Turnley:

Dear friends-

I would like to share with you some very exciting  news. I've been offered a
one
year, renewable agreement with Harpers  Magazine, to create 4 major 8 page
photo-essays for the magazine during the  next year. I will be listed on the
masthead as a contributing editor and most  importantly the philosophy behind
this new agreement is that I will author my  own visual stories that will be
given very prominent display quarterly in a  magazine with a long and rich
tradition of publishing excellent writing and  journalism. I think this marks
not only a very exciting opportunity for me,  but also a wonderful
development for photojournalism and for the use of  visual storytelling in
magazine journalism. Please read more about this news  in an article that has
just been published today on the NPPA.org  site:

http://www.nppa.org/news_and_events/news/2004/07/turnley_photo_essays_in_har
pers.html

I  look forward to your seeing the first photo-essay that will appear in  the
August issue of Harpers Magazine which will speak visually to a  very
important theme in world affairs today, in a way that I think has not  been
seen or treated prominently before.

My best. Peter  Turnley

peterturnley.com

Gerry  Walden LRPS