Subject: [Leica] Digilux invisibility. :-(
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jul 1 23:08:16 2004

On 7/1/04 7:22 AM, "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Digilux 2 vs. invisible M7.
>
> As much as I find the Digilux 2 interesting for quick response of viewing
> when necessary, I find it as obvious to bystanders as though waving a red
> flag at a bull. It seems the big lens hood and flashy chrome body catch the
> eye quicker than lightening, giving away the "invisible photographer."
>
> Unlike a black body M with it's blink a few feet away and a subject unaware
> an exposure was made, the digi 2 is a tough camera to be unobtrusive, that
> is unless you're plinking hit or miss from the hip.  But put it to your eye
> and the world knows you're about to take a picture defeating the whole
> purpose of photographing people with a Leica.
>
> One would hope, if and when Leica come out with the "digital Leica M body,"
> it will be as close to the present M camera size as possible, "and black!"
> Therefore allowing many of us to continue photographing our subjects with
> the same anonymity we've enjoyed to date.
>
> We'll have to wait and see. And if not, it's "real film and camera" for
> some
> time to come. ;-)
>
> ted

Or come packaged with a free roll of our famous black tape. With a red dot
on it. Able to withstand ultra high temperatures; in a single bound. On a
regular basis.

I noticed they sell an awfully lot of "white out" for all those people with
white paper, and black ink..

But what about those people with black paper and white ink? Do they sell
"black out" for those people? Heck now!
I want my money back!

Mark Rabiner
Photography