Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 26: something different
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Jun 29 13:59:31 2004

Lars is my best friend. We went to the same primary school in ?rhus,
Denmark, and became friends in our freshman year of high school. He
still lives near our hometown; I left in 1983 but our friendship has
endured.

Lars came to visit us this weekend. He is a very accomplished
photographer and has been shooting digital for the last 2-3 years. So I
took the opportunity to play with his Canon D10 during his visit.
Between us we took about 700 pictures with his camera, so I am glad I do
not have to scan them! Hence, this week's PAW is a first for me in two
ways: I have never before posted digitally captured images, and I have
never before posted pictures taken by someone else. In any event:

Here is my friend Lars:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_26.jpg

We took my dog for a walk, and Lars got her totally crazy:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_26alt1.jpg

Lars brought an Ewa Marine kit with him, so he was able to take pictures
inside my swimming pool, including this rather frightening view of my dog:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_26alt2.jpg

We went for a walk in Amsterdam and here is some of the city's fauna
(both pictures taken by Lars):
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_26alt3.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_26alt4.jpg

I must say I enjoyed using Lars's DSLR, and will most likely buy one in
the near future. No, I am not going to dispense with my Leica M outfit,
but I suspect that much of my future color work will be done with this
type of camera--unless the digital back for the R8 comes in at 1000 EUR
or less...

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands