Subject: [Leica] Yeah, But Tina Really Knows What She's Doing!
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Sun Jun 27 14:53:39 2004

...and as I pointed out, Greg, Ted...as well as Tina and Sandy
Carter...are enormously talented and experienced photographers who know
how to use a Noctilux and to keep the Noctilux's peculiarities under
control.  I was not commenting on the how "effective" the lens is.  I
did note that it is a highly specialized tool most "effectively" used by
the very few among us with sufficient talent and experience.  Let me
quote myself from an earlier post in this thread, "[m]erely using a
Noctilux does not grant one the ability to take pictures like Ted, Tina
and Sandy who bring years of experience and knowledge, and no small
measure of talent to their endeavors."  If one can afford to buy a
Noctilux, well, good on him or her!  Just don't expect to be able to
take great or even good pictures just because you own a Noctilux.

One factor about photography that is often overlooked on this list is
that taking great or even good photographs is hard.  DAMNED HARD!  Ted
and Tina make it look easy, but it is not.  Taking consistently great
pictures takes years and years of work and experience; it has absolutely
nothing to do with the equipment with which one has been endowed.  Ted
would be a great photographer without his Noctilux.

        Buzz Hausner