Subject: [Leica] Yeah, But Tina Really Knows What She's Doing!
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jun 27 07:34:27 2004

At 09:06 AM 6/27/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>  I notice that
>nearly all of your backgrounds are very plain and not very deep, so the
>vertiginous Noctilux bokeh doesn't develop.  Also, these pictures do not
>have significant foreground to blur out.  In one case you have a
>relatively deep background, but it is very dark.

That's exactly what I mean by "if you can see the bokeh, you shouldn't be
using the Noctilux."  The Noctilux is for very dark photos so you shouldn't
be able to see any out of focus background or foreground because it's too
dark.

>  The one exception is
>the photograph of Senor Lopez fanning himself with his hat; here the
>deeper background outside the barn door does exhibit the Noctilux bokeh
>that some among us find quite objectionable.

But I am a sucker for chickens ;-)   I love the chicken in the doorway even
if she is dizzying.

Thanks, Buzz!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP