Subject: [Leica] New Noct images - Midnight marauder
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Thu Jun 24 11:08:09 2004

Those are good shots, Mitch. Many people don't know that many snakes CAN
climb. Not far from where you took your pictures on Sugarloaf Mt. (I
assume you were in Frederick Co., MD) is where I grew up. My father's
house was built of rough brick and one afternoon, about 15 years ago, I
was walking around the side of the house when I saw a huge snake going
up the wall toward a vent into the attic area. I called my father as the
snake came down on the porch and slithered onto the wood pile. It curled
into a striking position and while it didn't appear to be poisonous, Pop
killed it with one shot to the head from a Colt Woodsman .22 pistol.
Ordinarily, Pop wouldn't have hurt it but he didn't like it's
threatening attitude coupled with the fact that it had obviously been in
the house attic area before. It measured out to about 5 1/2 feet long.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] New Noct images - Midnight marauder)
Reply from mitch.zeissler at verizon.net (Mitch Zeissler) ([Leica] New Noct images - Midnight marauder)