Subject: [Leica] RE: While it is happening (B. D. Colen)
From: leicaman at sympatico.ca (Dan C)
Date: Wed Jun 23 12:04:09 2004

When I was a physics major in university, the standard classical mechanics
text was the one by Goldstein (first edition; dates me a bit).  When my
professor was my age, the text he used was a book by Whitaker.   I always
considered Goldstein to be a fairly difficult book, at least it was for me
when I was in 2nd year, but Whitaker's book makes Goldtein's look like a
high school text by comparison.  I don't know how I would have made it
through a course on mechanics if I had taken it using Whitaker as a text.
But that was the standard "back then".

I think we are just plain dummer now, not just in language skills..

-dan c.

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] RE: While it is happening (B. D. Colen))
Message from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] RE: While it is happening (B. D. Colen))