Subject: [Leica] Re: An R series question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jun 18 18:48:23 2004

On 6/18/04 2:47 PM, "Emanuel Lowi" <lowiemanuel@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> A couple of years ago, when shopping for a new SLR, I
> tried a variety of brands, all with fast 180-200mm
> lenses affixed. On handling and ease of focus, the
> Leica R8 with motor and 180/2 were by far the best.
>
> While I know Greg has the 180/2 already, so other
> brands are mostly out (except for Canon with an
> adapter), I have a hard time imaging that big 180
> balanced on a motorless SL or SL-2.
>
> Emanuel Lowi
> Montreal

What if you attached a pistol grip thing to the tripod collar?
Balanced it from there as that would be the balance point anyway?

Me never having had a long lens with a tripod collar. But wanting one.
So I could get a gimble and be real cool.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/