Subject: [Leica] in the clear again
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Fri Jun 18 14:05:41 2004

> Simon showed:
> > leaving the monsoon storms behind
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/apekop/image-68696.html<<
>
> Graham Battison offered to Simon:
> > Despite the lack of preparation time that you mentioned that resulted in
> them being posted with spots etc I think that this series is the most
> spectacular stuff I have seen on this list.<<<
> Hi Graham,
> Them ain't spots, them's Simon flying with the "stars on the way to
Jupiter
> and Mars!" ;-)
>
> ted

I,ll settle for the moon buddy.
The film is unbelievable but there are little spots(you don,t see them in
the jpeg,s) in the base that take hours to clear .
Kodak states that these are easy to remove with a diffusion enlarger without
a loss of detail but have not figured out how to do it quickly in PS .
There has to be a way with layers to do it all at once but it,s a bit of a
puzzle.
I have many more cloud shots of last trip.The ones i took over Iraq are
disappointing only the fractal i found a bit nice.
My bird is the only biggie with curved winshields ;at some angles worse then
a coke bottle.
It took a bit of manoevring to line up the shots through the clearest bits.
You would have enjoyed that .
Didn,t see Grahams comment yet thanks for the relay .
He,s nuts though his frames are much better have a common theme and are way
better executed.
I,m blundering along.
Still this film wow you magnify and magnify and don,t see a change just more
and more detail .
I,m going to the zoo to find a rat so i can photograph it,s tail with a
large summicron with the camera mounted in a 1 ton block of concrete to
humour B.D.
Are you in Canada in september?There is a chance i,ll be on saturna island
with my nieces family.
simon

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] in the clear again)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] in the clear again)