Subject: [Leica] Another Sal story
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon Jun 14 22:36:08 2004

At the LHSA convention in Portland, there was a photo "critique" where
anyone dumb. . .  er, *brave* enough to have their slides publicly
critiqued by a couple of veteran pros could step up to the plate.  The
judges were none other than Ted Grant and Sal DiMarco.

The most common criticism, applied to most of the slides, was that the
photos didn't home in on their subjects.  Ted was saying things like "Well,
you could have moved over here," "maybe gotten closer," "used a longer
lens," "I think the light would be better from this angle."  And Sal would
say: "There's too much!  Lookit this!  You got this over here, you got that
over there.  It's awl-ovadaplace!"

--Peter Klein
"Awl-ovadaplace" in Seattle