Subject: [Leica] Juan's fire hydrants
From: KCassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Mon Jun 7 07:22:26 2004

Juan sed:

>Kyle,
>Thanks for the encouragement! I was having serious doubts about this
>project... [snip] In a few years, I will fill up a folder.

>Juan

The reason you're having serious doubts about it is that it's a dubious
project. That said, it had better not be your _only_ project. You'll need a
good half dozen others. One good thing to keep in mind (and this is, of
course, my own two cents, so take it for what's it's worth) if you can't
imagine going into someone's house or office and looking at a bunch of your
photos of [insert project X] hanging on their wall and thinking "wow, that
looks nice" -- then you probably need to move on. My advice is to keep
photographing fire hydrants but only incidentally, don't make it your main
focus. Unless you're looking for a show at the national fireman's
association banquet in reno this year.

kc

Replies: Reply from banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche) ([Leica] Juan's fire hydrants)