Subject: [Leica] OT: D70
From: dcm at pobox.com (David Mason)
Date: Tue Jun 1 19:35:13 2004

Christopher Williams wrote:

> As a Leica D100 user, I'm not at all happy about the demise of the D100(my
> Nikon rep still says they are in production, just delays in software - yeah
> right). Sure the D70 is cheaper, but the D100's top layout was more like a
> pro SLR. Oh well, that's digital for ya, now to max out the credit card on 2
> D100's, if I can find some.

I don't see that this is a sign of digital versus film in terms of
release time at all. 2 years of the D100 and perhaps a new one coming..
whats so speedy about that? Besides, the D1 is still being used
professionally without any problems, and so will the D100. No big deal,
just don't sell yours. I'm not selling my M2 just because Leica is
planning a digi M.

Dave

Message from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] OT: D70)