Subject: [Leica] Angry Cats and Several Geese
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Tue Jun 1 14:23:54 2004

Hi all,
Just put a few new things into the Gallery :

One very angry cat.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/angry_1
Even angrier cat
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/cat_1

Washington Wildfowl Sanctuary, Washington  County Durham UK.
The Hawaii Geese were bred here as part of a programme to save the
species. This was so successful that they are now
becoming quite a pest in the area. They have lost all sense of timidity,
to such an extent that they are probably the most
annoying species in the sanctuary, they also have the most ridiculous
call of any bird I've ever heard - Neh-Neh - which is,
AFAIK, their name on the Hawaiian Islands too.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/nehneh_1
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/nehneh3
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/nehneh2
 http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/canada_1 Canada Goose
(gradually becoming the list mascot)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/greylag       IFIRR, a
Greylag Goose, taken with a Sigma f8/600 Mirror lens
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Birds_1      Common
birds in the UK, and probably everywhere else too, Chaffinch and Sparrow

Comments please, and correction of my limited ornithological knowledge
if necessary.
TIA
Douglas