Subject: [Leica] Depression FSA Kodachromes
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Tue Jun 1 06:35:27 2004

B. D. Colen wrote,  respondng to Sonny:

> What does the viewfinder have to do with anything? There is a
> difference, btw, between "composing in color," in which color is
> presumably a factor in the composition, and "composing," in which the
> composition of shapes and objects is the primary factor.

I don't often  compose in color, though it happens.
What is ironic is that I have to be more aware of colors when
I shoot B&W film (to use the appropriate color filter - as Slobodan
mentioned a day or two ago) than when I shoot color film.
One fortuitously nice thing about digital is that the decision for
B&W/color and how to color filter can be deferred until
post-postprocessing, and can be done at a much higher level
of precision.

[Another nice thing about shooting digital is that I have never had
a backlog of unprocessed film.  I am about 15 rolls behind at the
moment.  Once in a while I am very tempted to replace my Jobo
CPP-2 unit with a more automated ATL model]

- Phong