Subject: [Leica] collapsible Summicron
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Fri May 28 12:10:09 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 11:58, Jan Dvorak wrote:
> Hello Feli,
>
> The collapsible 50mm Summicron was available as an M lens and an LTM lens. You
> can of course use the LTM lens with an adapter on an M camera. However, the
> 50mm Summicron never had a factory installed adapter held by a screw.
>
> Only the f:2/35mm Summicron, the f:2.8/35mm Summaron, the f:4/21mm Super
> Angulon used a 'grub' screw to hold the adapter. Some 90mm lenses also came in
> a screw mount, but had the M adapter glued on, not held by a screw.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan

Thanks. I saw one recently that someone claimed was a M mount model, but
to me it looked like a LTM version with the adapter. I couldn't get my hands
on it to see if the mount would unscrew...

Feli

Message from leicaman at sympatico.ca (Dan Cardish) ([Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens)
Message from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] collapsible Summicron)
Message from felixq at telus.net (Jan Dvorak) ([Leica] collapsible Summicron)