Subject: [Leica] M3 question
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri May 28 08:16:30 2004

In a message dated 5/28/2004 10:14:12 AM Central Standard Time,  SonC@aol.com
writes:

In a  message dated 5/28/2004 10:03:40 AM Central Standard Time,
saganicc@mskcc.org writes:

Can  anyone explain what a "pin  registered M3" means.  It has to do with a
Leitz Reprovit II  Copystand.

Thanks,

Chris Saganich
Radiation   Safety
x7391
----
I might add, that for projection, you need special mounts that hold the
frames in a precision manner.  Gepe makes these mounts, maybe others do  too.
--
SonC.
----

Pin registratrion is a way to hold each frame in a precise  place  relative
the frame line, so that you can go through and  expose a roll of  film, and
then rewind, and double expose, triple  expose, (whatever), to add  other
information to the frame.
---
It also enables you to make a series of shots that are identical in  frame,
so that for example, you can do slide animations with  multiple projectors.
hope that is clear.  I would  suspect a pin-regfistered M3 would be a rare
thing.  They are  most common on high end motion picture cameras.  I've  used
pin-registered Nikon for copystand work primarily for multi  projector  slide
shows.
---
Hope this  helps.
--