Subject: [Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Thu May 27 12:20:43 2004

I agree that its price (lots) and the timing of its
release (now) are difficulties. My own path towards
justifying and affording one remains unclear.

But down in the Solms valley, they are saying this is
the greatest lens Leica has ever made, in any mount,
at any focal length. And they don't make such
ultimately superlative claims lightly.

Feeling curious? Just a little? Hopefully someone
(like maybe Erwin P.) will be able to test one and
tell us what's up PDQ -- the lens will show up on the
shelves come July.

Heck, that's just a few cases of beer from now!

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens)
Reply from leicaman at sympatico.ca (Dan Cardish) ([Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens)