Subject: [Leica] That There Fancy 50
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (buzz.hausner@verizon.net)
Date: Thu May 27 07:27:33 2004

I am not rushing out to buy the new 50 aspheric, nor have I acquired any digital equipment.

With the money I already have invested in Leica lenses, I am content to use whatever film is left on the shelves while we wait and see if and when Leica produces a digital box on which to mount the lenses from M series cameras.  The introduction of the new 50 does give me hope in this regard.

My decision regarding the new fifty is the same as it would have been prior to digital madness.  I don't need an extra stop and my present Summicron with the clip on shade and focus tab is a plenty fine lens.

Now if Leica actually produced that 35 Noctilux they have been hiding...

Buzz Hausner

Replies: Reply from rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark) ([Leica] That There Fancy 50)