Subject: [Leica] Leica newbie inquiry
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Wed May 26 07:52:56 2004

> most of my shots are handheld with either an R4 or R6, using natural
> and available light.  Low light conditions have naturally produced utter
> crap as I am having an extremely difficult time with the mirror reflex.
>
> So before I continue to spend my hard earned bread purchasing more R lenses,
> I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me of the inherent advantages and
> disadvantages of specifically Leica rangefinders VS Leica SLR cameras.

I find that the Leicaflex SL is much easier to hold steady than the R4 through R7 series, I can use most R lenses, and its viewfinder is much easier to focus too.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Leica newbie inquiry)